Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hope

There is something inside all of us that awakens our soul every morning.
Something that gives us a reason to keep going.

I have realized that every morning I awake hoping for something.
And even when the day passes and what I hoped for never happened,
I fall back asleep dreaming for tomorrow.
And in the morning, I awake again with a renewed sense of hope.

Something about the changing of days gives us inspiration.
Another chance. Another moment. Another day to keep us going.

Even after months and months of unfulfilled expectations, we continue to hope.
Sometimes we see our desires fulfilled and sometimes they never come to fruition.
Sometimes we want to give up. But mostly we want to keep going.
Because we believe in something bigger than ourselves.

We know that life is not about our desires being fulfilled.
And it is this knowledge that helps us to rejoice even during storms of disappointments.

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.
The Lord answers with yes and the Lord answers with no.
It is His privilege to do so. The Lord does not owe us anything.
Yet He alone knows what will satisfy our souls.

So when our hope is in the Lord, even during the “no”s, even when He takes away, our hope remains.
Sometimes it takes a while for us to find it. Sometimes we want to pretend it isn't there.
But nevertheless, it is within us.
Christ in me, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27




My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood an righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly trust in Jesus's name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand,
all other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
he then is all my hope and stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.



No comments:

Post a Comment